Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Good lunch

I stole away from my busy day two have lunch with A. I am currently working to jobs to help support A through the last weeks of his degree. I wanted him to have less stress and more time for school, but it makes for a very busy C. A has been seeing a therapist to deal with some past abuse issues, and I have been trying to make time or him after he sees his therapist, because therapy so often makes you feel raw. We met at a Chik Fil A, because nothing makes you feel better than that delicious crack/ chicken and I like to see how many times I can get them to say "it's my pleasure". Leave it to me to get loudest employee of the bunch, who managed to mess up three different things in the order. No mam, I will not take non-caffeine diet coke, but I will probably strike you

So A has been doing a lot better. We stopped talking to his crazy mother a few months ago and SURPRISE he is a lot less stressed. He is seriously the sweetest man I have ever known in my life, and I will never know how he survived her. I have been trying to eat with more awareness of what I am putting in my mouth (I know... Chick Fil A is not the place to start.) so I cut everything up into tiny pieces and ate it slowly with a fork. Oddly it worked, as it took me a lot longer and I only ate about 3/4ths of what I normally eat. He talked to me about his therapy, about his unaddressed feelings that were spilling over now in the wake of our departure from her. He has just recently started on testosterone again, as we can afford it again, so he is less weepy now.

If you know A you know he was never meant to be a female. He seriously was the most moody emotional female I ever met. I have seen that side of him every time he is not on T, which is thankfully is not very often. The doctor he went to to be put on T actually thought he had already been living as a male. That is, perhaps, why I was so attracted to him. He is the perfect blend of male and female. I like to think we were made for eachother, I like both, he is both.

So lunch was nice. I think he felt like I was listening to his feelings, a weakness of mine, and we got to spend precious time together. Most importantly, I refrained from slapping the lady who tried to give me a no-caffeine Diet Coke. Now back to job number 2. Seven weeks before I can do one job again right. Seven weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment